Monday, May 19, 2008

The Itinerary

For those of you that don't know, I'm getting ready for Meg and Mike to get here. This entails bleaching my apartment, making several different lists for different grocery stories, doing the laundry, and buying several interesting foods that Mikie will be thrilled to try (aloe juice, dried cuttle fish, Korean melon, a variety of teas, green tea cereal, gimchi flavored tuna, and sweet bean breads, to name a few).
Besides this, my neighbor fell off a skateboard and broke her arm this weekend--frankly, I'm glad it wasn't me--and I'm trying to keep my head down and get through the next few months.
So, back to the itinerary.
Thursday: Meg and Mike arrive, and I plan to show them around Meyoung Jong Dong a bit. They will have plenty to see in this five block area on Friday to keep them a little busy.
Friday: I must work, and Meg and Mike must keep themselves happy. Friday night, Choi Won Seok and his parents--the family that teaches me Korean--will drive us around a little. Maybe later we will meet a couple of people in Pusan De Hak Yeo.
Saturday--we will head to Japan. I don't know what we will do there.
Sunday--we will return from Japan.
Monday--I have to work again. Monday night, maybe we will go to Nampo Dong where the fish market is. If it is too late, we may just go to Hae Un Dae or Gwanan li where one of the beaches are.
Tuesday--we really should make some serious time to go shopping although everybody knows that I can usually only take shopping for as long as I can hold my breath or for as long as Mom is there for me to physically lean on. Maybe Pusan De? Lotte (probably no)? Migliore?
Wednesday--I'm not thinking about this. I think they fly out in the a.m., but I'm still in a bit of denial about this.
Anybody else wanna come visit? I'm here for about 2 1/2 more months?

3 comments:

Meg Schroeder said...

YEAH!!!!! We leave in less than 2 DAYS!!!! AHHHH!!!! Hey, want to skype tomorrow night? That's Wednesday AM for you? Hmmm... Now that I'm thinking about it, that might not work... I'm working weird hours... Email? And then I'll talk to you in person in about 2 days?!?!?

Portland Dad said...

I am excited for you Heather, I hope you guys have a great time

Anonymous said...

as much fun as this itinerary sounded, it seems that you guys had even more fun than the list! so glad! mom