Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One more part to the Furler adventure

So many awesome moments with the Furlers, but here is another one.
On Saturday night at Laura and Corbett's apartment in NYC, Sarah decided she wanted a cupcake. Apparently Magnolia Bakery and another bakery are the big things in NYC, so Laura hoped online to get an address (I think there were about 314 locations in Manhattan alone), and Al thought getting cupcakes for his pregnant daughter was a great plan.
But the GPS drama began: first Sue was trying to get directions, but the GPS thought we were still in NJ. This was not very effective, but it was hugely entertaining.
Then, Al got the directions with the GPS (he already knew where it was located and how to get there), and we began this elaborate game while driving to the bakery: Al would try to foil the GPS, taking any route except the route indicated by the GPS. I can't tell you how many times we heard, "Recalculating route," from the computer voice. Awesome.
And I have never seen so many people in line for cupcakes, let alone at 9pm on a Saturday night. Weird.
We decided that Al has no practical use for the GPS; he just likes to outsmart it and to trick it.
Miss you guys.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't forget dad telling us how to pronounce things in the real "New Jersey way". ha ha ha

mandy said...

I love the stories and definitely can picture every conversation and arguement. I only wish I could be there to share it. Instead, I am stuck in a airport in Afghanistan trying to get back to a place that is sort of home, but isn't. It's rainy, cold, and lonely and I can't get into my blog so Heather's blog is it!

Heather said...

This will be now dubbed Mandy's pseudo-blog. I dub this blog as Mandy's alternative communication with the world. I am proud of such a distinction.

Anonymous said...

I'm a blog rookie, so bare with me (I hope I used the right "bare", I'm imtimidated by these McGrail literary types). I miss you guys, and hope some day we can spend more quality time with one another...... love, Adam

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.