Friday, May 22, 2009

Say goodbye to honolulu

Last day in Hawaii, and I'm a little sad. Mandy is a little sad about leaving, too, but it's a little strange that I'm going to miss her friends quite a bit. I would pack up some of the people and bring them home with me if I could. That would be pretty cool.
In the meantime, I'm distracting myself with plans for trips--there's the trip to visit family in the Midwest next week, the trip to Texas, and the trip to Mexico--trying to help Mandy get ready to go, and writing different stuff. I have some different writing classes coming up, so I'm playing with different genres. I just started a nonfiction piece set at Camp Hebron in which Sarah Furler (sorry, Tanis now) and I go looking for the six-foot groundhog. Oh, to be ten again.
Eh, I still try to have my little adventures.
For now, here are a couple of pictures from the party last weekend. Mandy puts on an incredible party, and this high tea was incredible. Complete with some incredible people.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'll be very interested in reading your latest piece of nonfiction :) I have great memories of being at camp with you, my partner in crime.