Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some awesome things from this week

1. I'm still in Hawaii, and I haven't wanted a sweater yet. Haven't even worked much.
2. Watched Jake all day, and nothing broke or died or anything. I'm really proud of myself. He still likes me, too, I think.
3. Finished writing a science-fiction story. Huh. Never done that before. It's still pretty close to literary fiction.
4. Went to see Star Trek opening night. Zachary Quinto is not only talented but also good-looking.
5. Spent a wonderful Mother's Day with Jake and Mandy and Scott. We chased ducks, ran down hills, and ate very well. See Keiki Days for some awesome pictures.
6. Got my first pedicure--ever. Pretty nice, I must say.
7. Got straight As this semester.
8. Spent some time with some really great people here. Mandy has some great friends.
9. Get to spend another month traveling this summer.
10. Get to keep my promising and interesting job despite three months off.
Life is pretty good. If Daniel Dae Kim hung out with me on the beach, it could only be better.

3 comments:

Laura said...

that's a great list! Not a sci fi person? but you went to star trek on opening night?? hmmmm....didn't you also used to watch Buck Rogers or Battlestar Gallactica or whatever show that was in Glens Falls - I think maybe you need to admit to your sci fi leanings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I like your list, and I like thinking of you in Hawaii. Now that I have been there, I can picture you! Keep writing . . . Love, Sue

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on straight A's, and the new story, I look forward to reading it. Enjoy the rest of the week, we can hardly wait to see you guys at the airport on Saturday! travel safe!! love you mom