Sunday, July 5, 2009

Two weeks in Mexico

A few items of note:
1. If you haven't heard, I have a new nephew. This is so fantastically exciting.
2. After taking a tango lesson and two salsa lessons, I realize that dancing can be kinda cool.
3. Mole (pronounced mol-eh) is so good, I'm may have to figure out how to make it. Forget that, I'm going to buy some in a can.
4. Had to do a reading on Wednesday. It wasn't the catastrophe it could have been.
5. Went to Guanajunto, but I missed seeing the mummies. Boo.
6. Writers can be harsh.
7. Writers can be great.
8. The breakfasts at this little hotel (La Casa de Elvia) continue to be enough food to get me through much of the day. They have a farm somewhere (not on the premises), so breakfasts continue to involve foreign things like homemade butter, homemade yogurt, and chile killyas. The last one's spelling is questionable.
9. Masses in English are preferable to masses in Spanish.
10. Spanish is much easier than Korean. I don't care what anyone says.

Okay, here's a link to some informational stuff about the program here:
http://lowres.uno.edu/sanmiguel/
If you click on housing, you can see some pictures of La Casa de Elvia.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Heath, I think it's 'chilequiles', but who cares how to spell it, they are so delicious. I am so jealous, always wanted to go to san miguel! Hope you are having fun and eating lots of mole!
Laura