Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mandy

We are embarking on the special time of the year when Mandy can claim to be two years older than me--it lasts four months. Happy birthday, dear, sweet, Mandy. I miss you.
The new chapter of excitement at the school: I hung around this morning, enjoying my nice, quiet Saturday with very little to do. I waited for the serviceman to hook up my new internet (I think this is not working), I drank lots of great coffee, and I caught up on some emails. Fantastic.
As I was headed out to the store to pick up a few things from the store, I saw a strange new face. Sure enough, there is a new teacher: Matthew from South Carolina. He seems very pleasant and interesting, but I have no idea what he will be doing at the school. We are loosing two teachers already, but one of the new teachers is not doing a thing, and many of the other teachers are working less than the standard thirty hours.
Weird.
So I spent a couple of hours briefing Matt on what to expect and what is going on, but he will have to go to school to figure it all out.
If he does figure it all out, I think he should write it all down, draw some diagrams, make some charts, schedule a class, and clue the rest of us in.