Sunday, August 17, 2008

Counting the days...

Well, I assume I have about fifteen more days left, but I'm still waiting for my plane ticket. No surprises there.
In the mean time, I have already started to pack, and I'm beginning to try to saturate myself with the Korean faces and places that I may miss when I leave. And yes, I'm feeling a little sentamental about leaving, but I'm also desperate for quiet time with people that can speak English.
So tonight, I had a magnificent dinner with Sun Sung Duck, and we played this great card game that was like a cross between Taipai and "Go Fish." Then we met Gim Bong Su on the street and walked to her house and sat there for a little longer, eating more.
Good times.


3 comments:

mom said...

Wont' it be weird to come home and feel not at home? We are looking forward to you getting home, but I wonder if you will miss the adventure and all that it has entailed. You CAN always go back! Maybe I could come with you, love mom

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be leaving a part of your heart there in Busan! And you'll take with you memories of special people, sights, sounds, tastes, and experiences. I've loved reading about your adventure. Your writings made it come alive for those of us reading! Well, time to come home now. Can't wait to see you and hear more about your sojourn! Love, Sue

Kate said...

So are you coming to Hawaii on your way through or no? It'll be great to see you in Minnesota either way. It seems like simultaneously a really long time and no time at all since hugging you goodbye in the parking lot of Buca in Castleton.