Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another list

This week has been full of surprising and strange turns. I'm certain I will write more about them when I have some perspective, but at the moment, I'm a little tired and drained.
So I'm making another list.
This on is entitled, "Things I can't wait to do when I get back to America."

1. Hug Mom and Dad.
2. Go to a wedding with half of my family.
3. Visit the other half my family.
4. Visit the Furlers.
5. Eat take-out Chinese food.
6. Take a bath.
7. Watch the news and try to get caught up on the whole presidential thing that has been going on.
8. Skype someone in the same time zone--just for the heck of it.
9. Sit on the dock with Mom and Dad and watch the sun set over the lake.
10. Drive.
11. Go to a store and talk to the clerk.
12. Go to a store and find what I expect to find.
13. Watch television without subtitles.
14. Look at a menu and not take ten minutes and ten guesses to figure out what one item might be.

It's taken a year, but I think I am officially homesick.

2 comments:

mom said...

What a great list, glad I'm included! have you read Laura's blog? I just saw it and it's great! see you in a couple of days!!! mom

Laura said...

I am honored to be a part of #4! You are welcome in nyc anytime. I'm surprised about the take out chinese food though. Aren't you tired of Asian food?