Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm not mad anymore...

I've talked to a few people about this.
And, like I said, I'm not mad anymore.
I found out a couple of weeks ago that I have to stay longer, past my visa date, in fact. At first, I was annoyed and irritated by the situation, but I have become resigned to what it will be. I am supposed to be well paid for the extra days, and while I will not get the promised paid vacation days at the end of my contract that I never thought I would ever really get, I should still get my plane ticket, my bonus, and overtime for the last couple of weeks.
Not bad.
I suppose I will live.
So while I'm becoming more and more anxious about going home, I'm resigned to the situation. See everybody soon. I'm planning a trip: Hawaii, Minnesota, Indiana, California, New Jersey, New York, Iowa, and maybe Texas. If I don't run out of money.
Not bad.

3 comments:

mandy said...

Seems like a good trip in the works. Wish I could join you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heath,
this is a sign of maturity when you get up against the dumbest situation ever, and be able to eventually blow it off!!! You are doing great! I am still trying to get to that point myself!! See ya soon, rich lady! Buy me supper at Max and Erma's some night soon? Isn't Monday night Long ice tea specials? love you mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Well, you're coming to the final stretch of your year-long adventure . . . what's another couple of weeks when you've made it this far? They are so lucky to have had you for the year, and I'm sure everybody's gonna miss you in September! The rest of us here on the east coast of USA are looking forward to having you back! Love, Sue