Saturday, July 19, 2008


This is Jenny.
I've known Jenny for a few months now, and she introduces me as her best friend. We hang out on Friday nights, we play pool, we sometimes go dancing, we play music, and we introduce each other to different friends.
The strange thing is that when we are together Jenny speaks Korean and French and she tries to speak English, and I speak English and try to speak Spanish and Korean. Somehow, we understand each other fairly well. Jenny has quite a few friends that speak English very well, but mostly we laugh a lot and have this amazing time considering that we don't really understand what we are saying to each other.
Jenny has been in Busan for four or five months; she moved here from Paris where she studied and taught dance for thirteen years (she grew up in Busan). Here she teaches dance, but she will move back to France next spring.
Jenny is so interesting: she is always ready to have a good time, to let her hair down and dance (even to music that I wouldn't throw into the garbage without running it over a few times first), to laugh, and to make everyone around her feel pretty good about having her around.
Jenny, like me, has not had the best luck with men--I don't really understand why this is because Jenny is beautiful and funny and fun to be around. Strangely, she has met someone who cares about her immensely. As beautiful and graceful and tall as Jenny is, he is not very tall or particularly handsome, but he is kind, generous, and sweet.
Last week, I was given the unique opportunity to interview him. I was supposed to decide if he was OK for her. I was incredibly flattered that Jenny asked me to do this.
Long story short, they are now dating. He's a pretty great guy.

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

Wait a second, why wasn't I asked to check him out?!? JK! Tell her I said yeah! for nice boys, but he'd better be nice to her, or he'll have another red-head after him ;) Hi to the gang! Love you!