Friday, November 16, 2007

MinkYoung and Young Hee

These are some great pictures from last weekend that MinkYoung forwarded to me. We had dinner, but these pictures are at the coffee shop where sat and talked for awile.


This is MinkYoung. Isn't she beautiful? In addition to piano, English, Korean, Math, Science, and all the regular things you need to study to be a teacher, she sings, too. Wow.




This is Young Hee, MinkYoung, and I. Not shown: Sunny. He was taking care of the pictures.




This is Young Hee. She is getting married in April because their parents want them to get married now. Really, they won's be able to spend any time together until two years from now. Even on breaks from school, she studies.


Now this fascinating picture shows the Korean country as a leaping tiger. Many guidebooks will tell you that Korea is shaped like a rabbit (Busan is near the butt, China is near the ears and head), but this is very shameful for Koreans. MinkYoung told me that the Japanese labeled the Koreans as harmless as a rabbit. Koreans prefer this depiction of the leaping tiger. I understand why.

2 comments:

Meg Schroeder said...

You look great, my dear! Keep posting pics of you too, missing seeing your laughing, smiling face!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.