Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Blues

It's been a great week, all in all. The best part: a new nephew.

Ahh, this picture is sideways, but you can see my beautiful older sister, Mandy, my brother-in-law, Scott, and my new nephew, Jake Thomas. Don't they look great?
And everyone is healthy and okay despite a long labor and a C-section.
And with the excitement, I wish I were with family. I don't think I could ever do this year away from family again. I feel like this is ridiculous. Even the Americans seemed to forget it was a holiday--maybe they don't want to remember. In a few of the larger department stores, they have Christmas decorations out already, and I am beginning to dread the holidays. I don't think the holidays are really a big deal here, but just knowing that my family is together, and I can't be there.
Boo.

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

We've all been thinking about you too, sweet Heather Feather! But don't think so surely about the future: holidays are only holidays, but every time we all are together, or writing to each other, or thinking of each other, we're still such a close family, and that's what's great! And we'll see you soon, the Cudas plus Mom in about a month and a half, and who knows after that ;)