Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's 40 in Indy

There are a few things I like about fall: the pumpkin spice cappuccinos, laying in the sun like a cat with cold feet, starting a fire in the evening, drinking many cups of hot tea/coffee/cocoa, and wrapping a big sweater around me.
But none of these things outweigh the sense of impending doom that the fall always seems to carry.
Granted, Indiana is nothing like Minnesota. Nonetheless, I still dread the mornings when I do not want to take my icy toes out of bed, when I want to wear my winter coat around the house, when I can't imagine going outside let alone standing outside to chip the ice off the windshield of some car, when everything seems to fade to hues of gray and black, when I want to turn up the thermostat and drink some hot cider and listen to some strangely exotic music.
Okay, I'm only exaggerating a little.
A month ago, in Korea, it was muggy and 90 degrees everyday. Then, Indy was hot and wonderful when I got here. I spent a couple of warm weeks in Hawaii, and I'm ready to coast through this winter. But it was a little too much to fly into the airport in Indy two days ago and have the temperature be 40.
I think I may move to Central America.

3 comments:

mom said...

Heath forgets to mention that it will be in the 70's and sunny all this week! But the truth is she still wears a big sweater wherever she goes! mom

mandy said...

Why not move to Hawaii?!

Sarah said...

I'm right with you Heather~ I'd love to drink hot cider and listen to music with you. I have the feeling like I need to soak up every bit of warmth from the sun to get ready for winter. But then again, I don't do well in extreme heat either. ha ha.