Monday, August 27, 2007

'Bye.

I'm on my way this morning. I am trying to keep focused on how much fun I am going to have, how many great adventures I wll have, what a great new apartment I will have, and how great the people will be over there. When I dwell too much on anything else, I begin to miss my family.
Mom and Dad have been great: they have done everything I want this weekend--sort of feels like a wierd birthday weekend or something. Kate and James and Finn are around, too, spending some time here before they move. Boy, this would not be so difficult if I knew Mom had some great kids and grandkids nearby.
And then, Meg and Mike. Mike calls first and talks to me for a bit. He is great. Then Meg gets on, and she is so encouraging and fun. When we started, I was all sniveling and sad, but by the time I got off the phone, we were laughing about the virtual cat I may get in South Korea--no problems with customs, only virtual fleas.
I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a cheep Korean digital camera.

No comments: