Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Sort of Whirlwind

It feels like the days are flying by. I'm really glad about this because when I think too hard about being in Korea, I think about how long it will be before I get to see my Mom and my sisters again.

I can see Dad in two weeks, thank God.

Well, I thought I would share a few wonderful things that have happened in the last few days.

Thursday night. The fish lady on Market Street who gave the fish cookies gave me some corn on the cob. She tried to tell me her name, but it sounded sort of like Mrs. Sexy. I don't really think that is right, but if it is, I won't forget it.

Friday. The field trip to the Busan Aquarium. Anyone who knows me pretty well knows that I have a strange fascination for the "underworld" of the sea, mostly sharks. Busan Aquarium was amazing, but I will need to go back. Something about herding a hundred kids, ten of which I am directly responsible, makes this spectacle less enjoyable. But the aquarium had plenty of sharks, including one that appeared to have some sort of scoliosis. Its back was bent at a forty-five degree angle. Very strange.

Saturday, yesterday. Mostly, I kicked around Seomyoung, Dongnae, and Meyoung-nyeong (not to be confused with Meyoung Jang where I live). I was looking for a digital camera. For the highly observant, no pictures are posted today: therefore, no camera. All the cameras I found either were in the four hundred dollar range (much more than I am willing to spend), had directions completely in Korean, or were not compatible with Macintosh. Oh, well. On the way home, I met a couple of Korean gals that are students here. They study English, but they are from Seoul. They do not know many people either because they have only been here for about eight months. I may try to meet up with them next weekend.

Sunday, today. I went to church today. It has been a bit chilly (yes, Mom, I have out my down coat) in the mornings and in the evenings, so it was nice to be back in my apartment early for my Sunday afternoon nap. I haven't done that in a few weeks, but it was fantastic. We did go out to eat after church: a group of us went to a good Italian place. The selection wasn't huge, but I had an alfredo dish with different kind of mushrooms. Delicioso!

Now, refreshed from my nap, I'm catching up on some emails.

Time to go back to bed soon. Ha, ha. Miss everybody. If anyone talks to Kate, tell her to email me.

No comments: