Thursday, March 20, 2008

A few miscellaneous things

It's been a rough week, so I'm going to recall a few wonderful moments from the last week or so.
Last week, while meeting with my language exchange family, the mother made dinner as always. She made an elaborate meal, as always, but last Wednesday, she made a Western style meal: spaghetti and garlic bread. I saw the Prego can on the counter. Her son, Choi, speaks excellent English, explained to me that they like spaghetti, but his mother makes it a bit differently than in other places. She puts squid, clams, vegetables, and fish in the sauce. It was really quite good.
On Sundays, the church group usually goes out to eat after church. I have been craving this fantastic pasta place with a wonderful mushroom alfredo (I don't really know why, normally alfredo isn't particularly my favorite), but ended up following the crowd. Lo and behold, a few of us went to a Quizno's for sandwiches. I ate the best turkey and swiss sandwich I think I have ever had in my life.
Also on Sunday, I was trying to finish my taxes. I had pretty much finished them, but I needed to print out some forms. This is a little embarrassing when I can't always do so at work and I have struggled to find a PC room that will allow me to do so. After stopping into a couple of PC rooms with no luck, I finally found a good one. I printed about ten pages, even though I thought I might have to pay a thousand won (about $1) per page plus the fee for the time on the computer. He only charged me two thousand won (about $2) and told me it was a discount.
I got a couple of letters, too: one from Grandma Weezie and one from Mom. This is always so exciting.

No comments: