Saturday, March 29, 2008

This one is for Meg

Well, I'm not going to lie. This blog is mostly for Meg, a little for Grandma Weezie. I've been seeing some flowers out the last couple of days, and while the city here does not have an abundance of trees and flowers, if I look for them, I can find them.
Meg, we will have to check out some interesting florists when you get here.







This picture shows a small garden.
Gardens don't get much bigger than this one in Busan.
Once you get to the outskirts of the city, the land is more open.






This is in the garden.
This is close to school, but it is off the main road, and I stumbled upon the garden on my way to the post office. I was lucky to have my camera.








I thought this one was particularly interesting. To my knowledge, daffodils are a spring flower. They bloom after the ground thaws. The palms trees, however tend to be warmer creatures seeking warming ground. The juxtaposition between the palm trees and the daffodils just seems a little off to me.












You can't see these blossoms well in this picture: they look like little tulips. I haven't seen many of these trees, but this one is blooming across from the school. I have been able to see it every morning this week.










These are some beautiful roses.










Here are some more beautiful roses.



These next two pictures are of Busan Station. This is where people can catch trains to Seoul or other nearby cities.

















This building is really quite interesting.
I always come this way to go to the Seaman's Club.
The trip to the Seaman's Club is quite interesting: first you go through the Busan Station, walk through the parking lot, take the free standing elevator (picture Charlie's Glass Elevator), and then walk along the highway for half a block. No secret handshake is necessary, but a membership is required.









These next pictures are of the buffet some teachers and I went to at the Seaman's Club for Easter. What a great place. Pictured here: Julie teacher (pronounced, "Julie teacher" in Korea), and Walt the owner and operator of the Seaman's Club.





4 comments:

Portland Dad said...

Great pictures Heath. It is nice to see that you are in a real colorful place and not some make believe drab place I have in my head

Mandy said...

We have the similar juxtaposition of daffodils and palm trees on occasion here in Hawaii. I agree, it is strange!

Anonymous said...

wow, good pics, post more! mom

Meg Schroeder said...

Yeah!! I can't wait to see it in person!! So fun to see spring, even if we are still covered in snow; at least it's somewhere! Love ya!