Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's Saturday!

Well, the rough week is over, and I'm enjoying a quiet day at my apartment--I almost just called it home, but it is really a far cry. I enjoy cleaning and laundering and writing on Saturdays, but mostly, I enjoy closing the door and shutting out the craziness for a few hours. I play some music, I watch some TV, and I pretend that I can live in my head all the time. It's really great. I guess it's home for now. Thank God I have a place that I can shut out the world for awhile and just process everything.
A couple of things.
Yesterday, a few of the other teachers and I (Matt, Carla, Renee, and I) decided to go out for pizza for lunch. We still had half the day to go, but we were ready to start the weekend off with a pizza. We headed over near to Dongnae Station to a Mr. Pizza, which has some great pizzas from what I have heard. We ordered a "Sweetie Pizza," not my first choice, but it sounded interesting with potato and cheese--potato and corn are very common ingredients for pizza here.
When the "Sweetie Pizza" arrived, Carla's face showed interest first; then, we noticed the fuchsia cherries on top of the pizza, so Carla's face quickly showed awe; and after I took the first bite and pronounced, "This is not good," Carla looked fearful. We all ate one piece of the mashed potato, cheddar cheese, fruit cocktail, shredded almond mess, but Renee and Matt drowned theirs in Tabasco sauce claiming this disguised the fruit juices that had seeped into the cheese. I think this may have been a Korean joke of some kind.
Tomorrow is Easter. Happy Easter to everyone!
I plan to go to church tomorrow, and then I will go to brunch with a couple of other teachers to the Seaman's Club. They are having an elaborate buffet--lamb, mashed potatoes (this is very rare except on pizzas), something with rosemary, something with mint jelly, something with garlic, and some dessert. Good thing I'm not a chef. These dishes are wasted on me.

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

Eeeewww on the pizza! Do we have to go there when we come...?