Thursday, July 5, 2007

The contract

I've read most of the contract. It is for Taejon/Daejon, not Pusan/Busan. I'm not trying to make fun of the Korean tendancy to respell the names of places. Really.
But enough of that for right now. Let's talk about Belize--no pictures, yet. I just dropped them off tonight and won't pick them up until tomorrow.
Gotta say, this trip was really amazing. I wish I had the Duluth team here: to process, to bond, to talk, these people are really so amazing. I missed Sue this year, but once again, I got to hang out with Swartz, Stacy, Jackie, Sarah and Ana were roomies, Dylan is so great as always, and Chris.
Then there were the new people. John was so thoughtful and considerate: he made me feel like I was wise and interesting. Funny, I don't get to feel like that very often. The younger guys: they were so amazing. They were thoughtful, interesting, sensitive, and compassionate. And of course, Marilynn: she talked to anyone, was brazenly trying any new thing, and hung around with people fractions her age. At seventy-five, you are so lively. And then Gordie and Vince. These two have a charm, sense of humor, work ethic, and compassion like I can only dream about.
That was the team. If I have the opportunity to work and to study with a church half as lovely as them in the future, I'd probably be on my deathbed before I miss church.
The town, as always, is laid back, accepting, loving, and interesting. I do not understand everything that happens in this town or in this culture, but I know that they bless me whenever I see them.
Pictures this weekend.
Oh, and I will try to become more familiar with this blogging thing. Writing in this format feels a bit like I am journaling for the public. My writing has always been very private.

1 comment: