Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Sort of Life

"A Sort of Life" is the title of Graham Greene's first autobiography--the first of three, yes three. I chose this because G. G. is my favorite writer and because he inspires me to explore different regions of my mind, my writing, and the world.
And now we get to the crux of it.
I'm hoping to embark on some new journeys. In the last few months, I have traveled to Hawaii to visit my sister, to Belize to reconnect with some good friends.
And now, I plan to leave for South Korea to teach English.
Funny, it is July 4th, and I'm so happy to be an American and an English speaker, but I'm looking forward to expanding some horizons to include some more friends, some more language, and some different culture.
We shall see what the coming months will provide.

2 comments:

Meg Schroeder said...

Love the title of you blog, love that it's so you, love you.

Portland Dad said...

Yeah great title, and I am wicked excited to keep up with you and your thoughts or at least the ones your crazy enough to share. You are an amazing girl Heather and I am envious of your adventurous spirit!