Monday, July 9, 2007

A Sort of Blog

I had always been sort of anti-blogs. In Minnesota, Brandon and Blaze and Travis would regularly vent grievances on their blogs. Then, someone would inevitably not speak to the blogger someone for weeks. Then, the blogger someone would take another few weeks to find out why the second someone was so mad. Finally, the blogger someone would find out that the second someone was angry about what the blogger someone had written on his blog. Finally, they would have some sort of yelling match or potentially they might just start a bunch of backstabbing or something (I'm exaggerating a bit).
Basically, I figured blogging caused some negativity.
But in the last years, I've bopped in from time to time to explore Meg and Mike's and James's blogs--check 'em out, if you haven't. They are really good. And there isn't nearly as much backstabbing and yelling and negativity as in Winona--ha, ha.
I'm becoming sold on this idea.
Tonight, I was at Martin. The university opened a writing center two weeks ago, and I'm meeting with some of the new tutors to guide them and train them. I suppose they may observe a tutoring session if we have the opportunity, but the summer session is not very busy right now.
Tonight, I met with this beautiful, forty-year-old woman named Georgeania. She has four children and three grandchildren, but she could easily pass for twenty-five. She is a God-fearing woman--and is not afraid to say so--and gratefully talks about her family and God.
She is truly amazing.
She tells me that forty is something to look forward to.
Yeah.

No comments: