Thursday, January 24, 2008

Absolutely nothing new

It stopped raining in Busan yesterday morning, but the cold that has settled in is disarming. I have lived in Minnesota for a bit of time, but I guess the idea of walking a mile and a half in freezing temperatures is too much for me.
I have actually resorted to taking the bus a couple of times this week--for the rain or the cold.
I have been trying to do a bit of shopping, and this is sort of interesting. My tolerance for the spending hobbies is still limited, but somehow, I can tolerate this more surrounded by the humor of my language barrier and gawking Koreans. I still haven't quite gotten over the feeling of being watched wherever I go and standing out of a crowd like a lost child (these are Jenna's words not mine). Sometimes it is sort of funny: I have my "friends" that I greet on my way to and from work, but I get tired of people trying to talk to me on the subway and on the street.
Well, like I said, there is absolutely nothing new this week except for my almost unbearable excitement about going to Hawaii next week. I know the week in Hawaii will go by too quickly, but I just can't wait to see my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy,
it is nice and warm here in hawaii, some rain, some sunshine, very relaxing! Come soon, i am picking and saving avocadoes for you! love mom