Sunday, January 27, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

The last post was "Absolutely Nothing New." Just when I think that I am getting a little comfortable, just when I think I can settle in for a quiet weekend of waiting for Hawaii, just when I think all is quiet on some front, well, it's just not.
Well, the crux of the situation is that two new teachers showed up Friday night. I did not meet them until yesterday (Saturday) morning, but once again, the school is doing things I simply do not understand. We have enough teachers, the crazy intensive month of January is almost over, and enrollment appears to be dwindling. I do not know.
On the flip side, they seem very nice. We drank some coffee for a bit yesterday, and talked. One gal is from Boston, the other is from Mechanicsville (spelling?) near Albany. They have both been in California for a couple of years, though.
My apathy about school is growing. All I want right now is to be on a plane to Hawaii. I only wish I could stay for an additional week or two--the week will go by much too fast.
So I am drinking some barley tea (not very good) and eating dried pineapple (very expensive but very good). The coffee here is both very expensive and not very good unless you end up at Starbucks or something. I had my first Starbucks since I have been in Korea, not because they are not around but because they are very expensive and inconvenient. I savored the large Mocha on Friday night, and then could not sleep until three o'clock in the morning.
It was worth it. I would do it again.

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

Coffee talks every morning in HI? I'm counting on it, so be there or be square!! Shall I bring you some 'bou? Remind me, what do you like, dark, light, in the middle? And do you have a grinder? Can't wait to see you!! Eight days!!!!! Yeah!!!