Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2

The New Year is in full swing, and all the strangeness that is both my school and South Korea are in full swing. The last couple of days have been quite cold--a couple of degrees below freezing only. This isn't really that bad, but I walk to and from school, well, and my apartment is a bit cold. I do not heat my apartment at night, only running a small space heater and the floor/water heater for a couple of hours at night and in the morning, and in the morning when I wake up, it is cold enough that I do not want to get out of bed. I usually turn on the heat an hour or so before I get up. Strange.
And today.
First off, the teacher I do not particularly like didn't show up today. Turns out, she probably took off back to the US. I'm trying to feel bad or sympathetic about the situation, but after covering a few of her classes this morning, I was glad she was gone.
Then, the afternoon classes rolled around with another schedule change. My schedule doesn't change on a massive level usually, but it has changed at least five or six times since I have been here. Now, thank God, my afternoons have changed so that I'm finished by 6:30 three days a week! I'm also down to 33 hours of teaching. I'm not so sure that this will stay my schedule, and I will miss the massive amount of overtime, but this will be great.
Thanks for everyone who has been praying. This change in schedule is so welcome. I may be suffering from a bit of post-holiday/winter blues, but working a few less hours a week will help tremendously. These kids make me tired.

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better about everything, don't feel bad about being relieved when a not-so-happy part of your day-to-day life up and vanishes, just nice that it swung your way!!

Hey, want to meet up someplace warm and tropical for a few days, maybe the first week in Feb? How about Hawaii? If only we knew someone there that we could go and stay with...? Oh wait! YEAH!!! Booked my flight yesterday, coming to meet you!! Flying in on Tuesday, staying thru Sunday, when exactly are you there? Can't wait to see you!! Love you, let's count down... One month!! Thirty days, yeah?