Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year's!

Yesterday was an amazing day of hiking with my friend, Will, up into the mountains. There is a cable car near here that goes up into the mountains, and then many trails snake around into the rocky, forested hills around Busan. I only got a couple of pictures before my camera's battery died, and I will post them again on Facebook as soon as the battery is charged.
Wow. What views. I'm not much of a hiker these days: I prefer walking around the streets to and from school, but this was a rare sight. Even though it was a little misty yesterday, Will and I could see almost to Hae Un Dae and the ocean. To the north, no one lives there. The stark contrast between city and wilderness is surprising. No suburbs.
Today, I opened the rest of my Christmas presents--including a package from Grandma Weezie that arrived on Friday. I had been waiting, hoping to be able to open them with an iChat or something, but today I decided I would open them.
Wow.
I miss everyone back home. Love you all. And merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

Happy New Year's, sweet one!! Typing this little note to you on our new computer!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Missing you right now!!!